Reply To: Sunday January 31: Taught with Authority

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday January 31: Taught with Authority Reply To: Sunday January 31: Taught with Authority

Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on January 31, 2021 at 11:13 am #111599

I have three siblings – and not all of us were on the same page as we tried to reach consensus last week about an important issue involving our almost 95 year old mother. At one point, I felt the need to follow the format for discernment laid out in The Contemplative Program booklet on that spiritual practice. I prayed and formed a question that I felt would give me clarity. Then I listened. Sr. Meg Funk taught me to wait for a “confirming sign.” I always feel a bit awkward at this point in the process – as if I am imposing on God’s busy schedule! But a confirming sign did come. The next step was to guard my heart as the storm with my siblings had not quite settled. But settle it did – and we have moved on to action. I am very thankful for this practice – and, just so you know, the confirming sign came with the consolation that God did not feel I was imposing.